GFT specialises in designing and implementing IT and business solutions for the financial services industry. Combining technological expertise and seamless project management with a deep understanding of the industry, GFT is the perfect strategic partner for many well-known companies in all corners of the globe.
Senior Java Developer required to join a high performing team situated within the FX department of this Investment Bank.
You will be working as part of a Risk Externalisation Programme which entails taking risk data from several systems, aggregating it into a database, performing reconciliations on the data and making the data available to downstream consumers.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone to solve challenging problems, join a high performing team, and to contribute directly to the expansion of our revenue opportunities and delivery efficiency gains for both GFT and our Tier 1 banking client.
Your principle activities will include:
- Collaborate with analysts, users and testers to define and document acceptance criteria
- Work with other team members and architects to create high quality technical designs
- Use Acceptance Test Driven Development and Test Driven Development to produce high quality results
- Act as a Generalizing Specialist, using primary skills in Java, but also able to use a wide range of secondary skills, such as SQL.
- Works with users, analysts, SMEs during post-sprint User Acceptance Testing
- Assists central service teams during deployment and release activities
What we require from you:
- Extensive hands-on development experience in core Java
- Exposure to java profiling and performance optimization
- Messaging Technology and Tools e.g.: JMS, MQ, Solace or comparable systems
- Banking experience of working with trade data
- FX or Equities front office risk
- Experience with Big data technologies
- Hadoop (Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hbase, Hortonworks, HDFS, Multitenancy)
- FX Options
Drawing on your proven experience you will thrive in our fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Naturally, great communication skills, and inspirational and consultative approach and the drive to deliver above and beyond expectation are essential.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
The GFT Group is represented in thirteen countries – and our customers are based in over 31 different countries. With a global team spanning 4,500 employees at our disposal, we're ready to act whenever and wherever our customers need us. Our interlinked development teams are able to tackle complex projects and respond to individual needs – rapidly, economically and to the utmost standards.