The Fitch Ratings Financial Institutions Group has actively built the agency into the global leader in financial institutions credit rating coverage, with very strong positions in bank and increasingly in the non-bank (NBFI) space. Our experienced analysts provide comprehensive, timely and transparent coverage of major institutions around the world, as well as unparalleled coverage of smaller entities. Our analysts offer a diversity of talent and backgrounds, with experience in regulatory oversight, counterparty analysis, auditing, investment banking, buy-side investing and more.
The NBFI team's rating process includes a detailed assessment of an entity's stand-alone credit profile as well as of the likelihood and nature of external support should the entity experience financial difficulties. Quantitative aspects of an entity's credit profile are reviewed, such as balance sheet integrity, profitability and cash flow generating capacity. The analysts also evaluate qualitative factors of the institution, such as strategy and quality of management, the environment in which it operates, and the most likely future development of its business. Final rating determinations are made by committees comprised of analysts and seasoned independent committee members, including Fitch Ratings senior management.
We are currently looking for and Analyst or Associate Director to join our growing EMEA NBFI team based in London. This team forms part of the Financial Institutions group and covers a range of NBFI segments, including investment managers, securities firms, finance and leasing companies along with exchanges and clearing houses in the EMEA region.
Primary duties will include:
- Supporting the monitoring of a portfolio of issuer ratings and assigning new ratings, including performing analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors and the preparation of rating committee documentation
- Participation in credit rating committees for NBFIs in the EMEA and other regions and in EMEA bank rating committees
- Writing and publishing comprehensive rating reports on individual issuers
- Contributing to the preparation of sector-specific research and insightful commentary
- Regular interaction with contacts at issuers and liaison with issuers' senior management at onsite rating meetings
- Publication of sector-specific research and insightful commentary
- Supporting senior analysts in responding to external queries from investors, bankers and other fixed income market participants and the media.
Suitable candidates should have relevant experience gained as an NBFI, bank or corporate analyst, auditor, regulator, consultant or relationship manager. NBFI, leveraged finance or other high-yield credit experience would be an advantage.
We are looking for a self-motivated professional who works well in a team environment and can actively contribute to credit-related discussions. Strong writing and communication skills in English are essential, as well as a good command of financial statement analysis, experience with spreadsheet creation and analysis, and the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously.