To build team member engagement, help team members support customers and meet business objectives, and support in-region executive messaging, the Wholesale & International Communications team is seeking an experienced candidate who can lead internal communications for the Asia-Pacific region (APAC).
Based in Hong Kong, this position will support Wells Fargo's 13 lines of business currently operating in the region, and will be responsible for the following:
Work with APAC executives and U.S.-based communications colleagues to design and implement strategic internal communications in support of key Wells Fargo business lines operating in the region.
- Evaluate current communication channels and processes and develop a go-forward framework for communications, channels, and distribution.
- Manage internal communications initiatives and change management projects, including communications strategy, development of communications plans, and creation and distribution of deliverables.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with Wells Fargo leaders in APAC, U.S.-based communications colleagues, and marketing partners.
- Work closely with internal customers and support partners (HR, Legal, Risk, Finance, etc.) to develop messaging, provide guidance, and suggest the correct channels for their communications.
- Ensure messages are relevant, consistent, and appropriate for APAC team members.
- Write, develop, and distribute the APAC newsletter, which is sent to Wells Fargo team members in the region.
- Lead the development of and help maintain content for the APAC team member portal, where in-region team members can find company news, HR resources, and information to do their jobs and support customers.
- Raise awareness for the region and tell the APAC story throughout Wells Fargo by sharing success stories, new capabilities, community involvement activities, etc.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and strategic consideration for all stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of crisis communications and talking points.
- Maintain and adhere to Wells Fargo and Wholesale editorial and brand guidelines throughout all communications to ensure a consistent voice through all messaging.
- Work with senior leaders to develop executive communications.
- 5+ years of internal communications, public relations, or corporate communications experience
- Experience working with senior executives and marketing partners
- Experience developing and leading executive communications strategies and projects
- Significant collaborative communications experience working across business lines
- A track record of providing high-quality communications consulting and advisory support
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional writing skills – executive messaging, newsletters, online content, talking points, presentations
Preferred qualifications & skills
- International communications experience
- Employee communications experience
- Experience working within the financial services industry
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- Bilingual in either Mandarin or Cantonese
Please submit your application online via our website at https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/international/ by entering the Requisition ID above for job search.
Search International Jobs > Continue > Search Openings (Type the Requisition ID in the Auto req ID box) > Search
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Applications received will be kept confidential and used for employment purposes only. Applicants who are not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Bank will retain their applications for a maximum of one year and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the Bank.