| Role/Responsibilities: |
The Associate will work closely with Senior Analysts and have the opportunity to attend meetings with issuers and contribute to rating committees. The key function of the role is to provide analytical, statistical and research assistance to Analysts in the Banking team, covering Financial Institutions in Europe.
- Support analysts in the rating process, including drafting credit documents, formulating ratios, preparing spreadsheets, comparative statistics, graphs, tables, and working on special projects as and when needed
- Monitor portfolio and quantitative and qualitative portfolio data
- Review financial statements and apply Moody's methodologies and use financial models
- Perform credit analysis on financial institutions in cooperation with lead Analyst
- Drafts press releases
- Interact with intermediaries and issuers
- Review rating documentation, including bank loans, covenants and bond indentures
- Prepare sections of Rating Committee recommendations memo
- Contribute to sector and company-specific research writing
- Preparation of presentation material relating to company and sector focus
- Attend analytical meetings (European travel required) and assist with meeting follow-up reports
- Contribute or lead time sensitive projects and perform administrative tasks
The Department / Team:
The EMEA Banking team is part of the Financial Institutions Group. They provide ratings on banks and non-banking financial institutions.
- Strong academics with a BSc / Master's Degree (or equivalent) in a Finance / Banking / Accounting or Economic subject desirable
- Relevant credit analysis experience within Banking, or related experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm, would be beneficial
- Demonstrates good accounting knowledge when reviewing financial statements and proposes relevant solutions
- Fluency in Russian & English is essential, another European language would be highly advantageous
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Well developed IT skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage own workflow/priorities accordingly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable research skills
- Ambitious and highly motivated/keen to identify and pursue opportunities for self development
- Desire to exceed client expectations
- Sound judgment - able to form and present findings
- Able to work using own initiative and without close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.