About the IT team:
The Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. They look for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join the team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. They seek individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
About the Role:
- Build analytical tools to facilitate rapid, ad-hoc understanding of performance and risk for portfolio managers, senior management, risk managers and analysts.
- Develop quantitative analysis of risk to create game changing solutions.
- Build and support risk operational infrastructure to maintain and continually exceed high standard of excellence.
To succeed as a Risk Developer, you must embody the following values:
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Communication: Able to interact directly with risk managers, senior management, and portfolio managers, in addition to your colleagues in the technology department. The ability to communicate with technical peers and business users in terms that both groups can understand is crucial to your success.
- Integrity: Uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Your work is truthful, direct and unbiased. You protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of your work.
- Courage: You are not afraid to fail. You welcome the challenge of accomplishing difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. You will sometimes be wrong, but will always learn from your mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: You always ask "why?" You don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; you strive for understanding. The team does not report information; they provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. They solve puzzles even when they don't have all the pieces.
- An interest in and passion for the understanding of financial markets and instruments.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- 5+ years programming experience, with 2+ years dedicated to C#.
- Advanced SQL development experience.
- Development of risk management systems or valuation engines.
- Design and development of fully functional GUIs.
- Experience using Scala.
- Experience using, designing, or developing with NoSQL technologies.
- You will be tested on your knowledge of financial markets, and your ability to code in C# and SQL.
- 2+ years experience in hedge fund/investment bank environment.