| Company Description: |
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across four continents. For more information, please visit williamblair.com.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Client Service - Sales Support
- Respond to client inquiries in a timely and proactive manner with complete follow through
- Keep financial advisors regularly informed of details and activities associated with client transactions and accounts
- Identify and communicate issues/potential problems that may require escalation
- Ensure all required account documents are acquired and updated
- Help facilitate the regular updating of clients' investment profile including, but not limited to suitability characteristics
- Develop understanding of clients' needs and preferences; be responsive to changes in the business environment
- Effectively build internal and external relationships focused on enhancing the client experience
Client Service - Operations Support
- Responsible for full client life cycle from onboarding to daily servicing of account
- Service client accounts in all areas of cash management including journals and electronic transfers
- Review billing and reporting on a regular basis to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for ensuring client portals are set up and maintained properly
- Process trades as requested from advisors
- Review client information which may include preparing performance reports
- Regularly update Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, if applicable
- Leverage internal resources to ensure the integrated delivery of client solutions
- Provide support to other portfolio associates and financial advisors
- If applicable and appropriate, attend client and prospect meetings as an integral member of the advisor support team
- If applicable and appropriate, proactively leverage ideas, insight and relationships to help facilitate new and incremental business
- If applicable and appropriate, coordinate facilitation of information between outside centers of influence, such as CPA's, attorneys', family office administrators
- Participate in additional projects as requested by advisors and/or management
- Facilitate general administrative tasks, if requested by financial advisor(s), including but not limited to meeting set-up and travel arrangements
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Series 7, 63/65 (or 66) License.
- Must obtain Series 7 within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain Series 63/65 or 66 within first 6 months of employment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Focused on delivering excellent client service.
- Build trusting relationships.
- Organize and manage responsibilities, duties and processes.
- Ensure conformance with firm policies and standards.
- High Standards of quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and execute.
- Excellent time management skills.
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.