CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Senior Performance Analyst, 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
February 13, 2018
London, United Kingdom
To work within the Performance Team in providing knowledge and support towards the goal of achieving a fully functioning analysis and global reporting platform. Eagle is to become the Golden Source, globally, and for this reason the Senior Performance Analyst is to supply and enact robust and durable analysis of Eagle data and the resulting output.
In this role, the Senior Performance Analyst has joint responsibility for the overall maintenance of the Eagle performance and attribution system and will therefore be responsible for the accuracy of the data, timeliness of production, and will take an active part in monitoring portfolios/share classes for apparent performance anomalies and the identification of the reasons for these anomalies. The role will involve the generation of Eagle reports and the maintenance of unit price and benchmark data.
To participate fully as a team member, working with the fund managers and other stakeholders to help them understand the reasons why performance may differ from portfolio to portfolio and to assist them in using performance analytics to improve both their investment process and presentations to clients and prospects.
- Create accurate, professional and effective performance and risk reports for the Equity Investment Teams, internal and external client presentations.
- Take joint responsibility for managing Eagle, our performance measurement and attribution analysis system, ensuring the quality and accuracy of data, the timeliness of production, and the identification of ways to improve the system.
- Manage internal client relationships and ensure an ongoing high level of client service
- Ensure reporting deadlines are met, performance data and reports are accurate, and ensure a prompt turnaround of queries.
- Pro-actively anticipate client needs, and constantly look for ways to improve the quality of service and reports.
- Work closely with fund managers, to ensure they understand any apparent performance differences between portfolios managed in the same style.
- Work with fund managers to assist them in improving their investment process, and also to improve the quality of client presentations.
- Constantly monitor performance across portfolios, and ensure that apparent anomalies are quickly and consistently identified and investigated.
- Use initiative to identify ways to improve the efficiency of the production process.
- Use initiative to improve the quality and timeliness of information provided to clients.
- Where necessary work with external clients, custodians, consultants and other parties to communicate issues related to performance and risk.
- Use initiative to identify ways for internal clients to efficiently and directly access performance, risk and holdings summary data. In particular, identify alternatives to the manual process of producing and then sending electronic or physical reports to clients.
- Use initiative to improve the quality of performance reports provided to senior management.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are fully documented and updated as required.
- Assist in the development of the performance and risk function and make recommendations as to how the function of performance and risk can meet industry best standards.
- To have an expert knowledge of Eagle and the performance measurement and attribution analysis methods and techniques in use from the system.
- Have attained, if applicable, industry core professional qualification for that of a practicing investment professional e.g. IMC/IOC.
- All candidates must be able to work in the UK, e.g. fall within the European Economic Union, hold the necessary work permits or have the right of abode, evidence of which must be supplied
- A detailed understanding of investment performance standards - notably the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS), with experience in their implementation and maintenance.
- Experience and use of Lipper Investment Management essential, Style Research and Blackrock Aladdin.
- Exceptional quantitative skills with the ability, if necessary, to develop accurate performance and attribution models for various asset classes
- Strong technical skills e.g. advanced Excel functionality and VBA programming skills desirable.
- An enthusiastic team player, results orientated and committed to quality management, working with determination and delivery focused, often to tight deadlines. A strong service delivery and team-focused mentality and work ethic.
- Able to work on own initiative along with being part of the team.
- Demonstrable aptitude to handle and prioritise multiple tasks received.
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative and minimal guidance and supervision.
Internal Number: 2806345
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.