CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
If you're looking for a firm that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on. We have built a world class reputation for quality and service and the talent and passion of our people has been critical to our success. We provide a strong foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 250 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
The Global Funding Control (GFC) group employs >60 finance professionals in Glasgow, as part of a Global team of >150 (across New York, London, Mumbai, Tokyo & Hong Kong). The collective team are responsible for controlling and providing business support for the funding arms of the Firm and is part of the ISG Finance organization.
Pre 2008 crisis, funding was easy to obtain and not priced into trades due to ample liquidity in the markets. Post 2008, the landscape looks dramatically different where the economy and regulators have put a spotlight onto Funding and Liquidity making GFC both a high focus and growth area.
An Analyst-level opportunity has arisen within the Glasgow GFC team. The team provides business support, analysis and has ownership of key funding related financial information. The team is also responsible for analysing and attributing these funding costs to the Business Units to help incentivize optimal trading behaviour and decisions.
The Glasgow GFC team comprises of the following sub-group groups & the role creates the opportunity for significant exposure across the function.
- Bank Resource Management (BRM) – Secured Funding
- Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) control – Unsecured Funding
Primary clients are Corporate Treasury & Bank Resource Management who jointly manage the Liquidity & Funding needs of the business. In this role you will also interact closely with Legal Entity Controllers (LEC), Management Reporting team, Global Product Controllers (GPC), and their business units.
JOB DESCRIPTION, SKILLS REQUIRED AND SKILLS DESIRED
Daily reporting of the P&L generated by BRM's Securities Lending positions:
- Perform daily P&L reconciliation and prepare commentary on the daily movements
- Understanding of key controls in order to maintain the integrity of information published to books and records
- Preparation of weekly P&L summary
Month end account substantiation:
- Reconciliations of the BRM Securities Lending Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Maintaining a robust control environment to ensure the validity of financial reporting
- Preparation of monthly Revenue and Balance Sheet movement commentary
- Awareness and understanding of relevant IFRS and US GAAP accounting policies
- Managing stakeholder relationships and communicating or escalating appropriately to senior management
- Continuous improvement of controls around P&L and Balance Sheet reporting
- Dealing with BRM desk requests as they arise
- Involvement in department level initiatives
- Candidates for the role should have relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient at summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders across a variety of business and finance areas
- Candidates should be highly numerate with a close attention to detail
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic, challenging environment under tight deadlines
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3