CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
· An opportunity in Credit Suisse Corporate Functions Operational Risk (OR) Management team to function as an Operational Risk Manager. The Corporate Functions OR team (CFOR) acts as the second line of defense and works primarily with the approximately 24 Corporate Function units across the Bank to deliver effective OR governance.
· CFOR provides the Corporate Functions a clear and consistent framework to assist them in identifying, measuring and managing OR, with the intent to reduce associated internal risk incidents, including OR losses, and process and control failures. The function works in conjunction with Front Office OR and Business Division Control teams CF to promote best practice and to ensure decisions are made on a risk-informed basis.
· The CFOR Manager's responsibilities include:
o Provide the 2 nd LoD role to independently advise, review and challenge Corporate Functions in various risk management activities, from both a regional perspective and as part of the global CFOR team.
o Develop solid relationships with other ORM teams and to ensure effective partnerships across Corporate Functions.
o Work in partnership with Corporate Function units to support their first line responsibilities and provide guidance on various activities throughout the year, including Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA), incident analysis and reporting, strengthening the Controls environment by bringing controls up to CAF standard and overseeing Control testing and documentation.
o Assist with, review, challenge, and provide quality assurance of the Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) in accordance with the RCSA policy.
o Review and challenge internal incidents reported to determine root cause(s), assess existing control design and operation, identify issues and monitor remedial actions that mitigate the risk of occurrence of future losses, in accordance with the Incident Collation policy established by the firm.
o Perform deep dives to better understand processes and control environments in order to recommend remediation steps and address issues in the risk and control environment.
o Lead regular partnership meetings with Corporate Functions stakeholders to help support the identification, assessment, escalation and mitigation of Operational Risks and to continuously evaluate and improve the control issues.
o Provide training to the Corporate Functions areas on the individual components of the Operational Risk Framework to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and Bank policies.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
You Offer You Offer...
· College degree · An ability to delve into processes and identify risks/control gaps, preferably before they occur. · An ability to think independently and present views in an objective and credible manner while maintaining solid relationships with OpRisk stakeholders. · Interpersonal, communication skills (both verbal and written) and willingness to collaborate with others. · Demonstrated success in managing multiple priorities, delivering to established timelines, and to high quality standards. · Being able to present to senior management and stand one's ground when necessary.
· Prior experience in OpRisk methodologies and/or risk management concepts (preferred) · Prior experience in the financial industry with a working knowledge of back office processes. (preferred) · Prior work experience at Credit Suisse (preferred)
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.