CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Research Analyst - Global Equities (Retail, Consumer Staples, Media)
Causeway Capital Management LLC
February 7, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Company Overview: Causeway Capital Management LLC provides equity investment management services to corporations, pension plans, public retirement plans, sovereign wealth funds, Taft-Hartley pension plans, endowments and foundations, mutual funds, charities, private trusts, wrap fee programs and other institutions. The 100% employee-owned firm, based in Los Angeles, began operations in June 2001 and manages approximately $59 billion in international, global and emerging market equities, both long only and long-short. Causeway employs a unique blend of fundamental and quantitative investment strategies, and offers its clients access to the firm's proprietary risk analytics.
Position Overview: The Research Analyst will assist Sr. Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers in determining fair value for consumer sector equities listed globally. This will include constructing and maintaining financial models, as well as examining financial, economic and industry trends in the U.S. and overseas. The tenure of the role will be 2 – 4 years.
Skills and Abilities:
· A minimum of two years' post-undergrad experience at an investment bank, sell-side or buy-side firm. Experience with retail, consumer staples, and/or media preferred.
· Undergraduate university degree with excellent academic credentials.
· A strong passion for equity investing and a respect for disciplined, value-oriented investment strategies.
· Comprehensive understanding of financial statements and valuation methodologies.
· Solid analytical, accounting and computer skills.
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills; ability to articulate findings thoroughly, yet concisely.
· Creativity and intellectual curiosity.
· Demonstrated teamwork balanced with the ability to direct independent work.