CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Risk Process and Data Validation Analyst – Credit Risk /Operational Risk area
January 25, 2018
You have certainly come across risk. What aspects of life are not subject to it? Are you a risk taker or a risk averse? In an investment bank like Morgan Stanley, risk management is at the cornerstone of all our activities. As a risk analyst in our risk management department you will be at the center of our business. This current opportunity will give you an insight in how big banks manage risk. Role
· Independent validation, review of design and operating effectiveness of select risk processes and controls
· Support execution of governance, risk assessment, process review and validation, monitoring and reporting
· Assessing ongoing compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
· Design and execute core data and data quality testing; reviewing and challenging automated controls and reporting logic
· Interface with key stakeholders, governing bodies and business partners
· Partner with other teams to support a unified validation program end-to-end
· Contribute to improving the team's validation methodology and execution capabilities
Skills required · Bachelor's or higher degree in a quantitative field such as finance or economics
· Experience with core banking, investment and trading products
· Strong familiarity with process design and assessment
· Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment , with a focus on Basel principles
· Strong risk, process and control validation/testing and/or assessment skills
· Excellent communication, analytic, risk management and program management skills
Skills desired (not mandatory)
· Prior role or studies with Banking Credit or Operational Risk
· Familiarity with Excel VBA and SQL
· Prior role with consulting or internal audit experience
What do we offer to you?
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Our philosophy is one that offers flexibility and balances personal lifestyles. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3096399 here .
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.