CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Your role Do you have a knowledge of Market Risk principles? Do you have experience of leading and motivating a team of experienced professionals? If so, we're looking for someone like this to:
- manage the overall market risk control agenda for the UBS APAC business operations, including but not limited to the FX, Rates and Credit trading business as well as the Equity and CCS business
- ensure that the APAC Market Risk Control framework and risk appetite is in line with the Group Risk policies and strategy as well as local regulatory requirements
- establish and oversee the Market Risk Control framework in APAC. Ensure that the governance, policies and procedures are aligned with both global guidance and local regulatory requirements. Monitor compliance with the established risk control framework and policies.
- work closely with the business while, as the 2nd line of defence, act independently from the business to identify and escalate issues and concerns
- recommend amendments to policies, procedures, practices, etc. or the reduction or cessation of risk positions, activities and businesses which lie outside of risk appetite
- review the appropriateness of limits frameworks and related controls
- drive the identification, quantification and governance of risks incurred by the business
- participate in new business initiatives and approval processes
- advise functional global Market Risk Control leaders, business leaders and regional leadership on the market risks incurred by the businesses
- act as a conduit between the global Market Risk Control teams and the local teams and the business providing a point for the escalation of issues, both globally and locally
- provide regular updates to functional global heads of Market Risk Control on the regional market risk exposures and the adequacy and effectiveness of the market risk control management within the region. Where applicable, make recommendations for improvements
- undertake portfolio studies of the market risk within a business, perform risk assessments and approve transactions within the delegated market risk authority and in accordance with internal policies and regulations
- keep up to date with the regulatory developments and new regulatory issuances. Liaise and work with external regulators including external audits
- maintain a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures
- ensure that policies and procedures for your area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented and kept up to date. That they are effectively communicated and understood by the Business stakeholders
About us Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Your team You'll be overseeing the APAC Market Risk Control team. The team covers primarily the APAC FX, Rates and Credit trading business as well as the Equity and CCS business with the major presences in Hong Kong and Singapore. The team's major responsibility is to identify, monitor and control the trading and non-trading portfolios market risks to achieve an appropriate balance between the risk and return while minimizing potential risk concentrations to ensure that the risk-taking is in line with the UBS strategic priorities and values, and within the risk-taking capacity. In terms of the risk identification, the key responsibility is to ensure that the market risks adequately identified, controlled and made transparent. A key proponent of the team is a culture of risk awareness whereby actual, potential risk issues and loss events are proactively identified, mitigated and reported in a timely and transparent manner.
Your experience and skills You have: - excellent product knowledge and understanding of market risk and the Market Risk Control agenda
- a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant area such as finance, economics, engineering or another quantitative discipline
- at least 15 years of experience, preferably in a market risk or trading position in an investment bank. Experience in managing a diverse team across locations will be beneficial
- excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively
- good understanding of the APAC financial markets and the key market risk measures and methodologies. Ideally you will have had exposure to a number of asset classes
- strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply quantitative techniques to solve practical problems. Understand the quantitative implications of pricing, valuation and risk modelling on risk measurement and quantification
You are: - a natural communicator with honed presentation skills. Excellent people management and relationship skills will be of benefit in this role also
- self-motivated with the ability to drive an agenda independently
- team-oriented with the enthusiasm to mentor and develop the more junior members in the team
- able to inculcate a solid market risk culture within the team and the business in the region. (You know how to lead by example)
- organized with the ability to prioritize using effective time-management skills
- fluent in English, in oral and written form. Chinese language skills would be viewed as an advantage given the regional scope of this role
What we offer Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.