CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The position advertised is in the ISG Model Management group within ISG Management in London.
ISG Model Management is responsible for a broad range of control initiatives across ISG with emphasis on mitigating regulatory risk. Initiatives include but are not limited to: developing and implementing standards and controls for models used in ISG, developing an ISG-wide operating control framework, and supporting ISG management in the optimization of its balance sheets. The group's focus is to improve control practices and help ISG to comply with Firm policy and regulatory requirements. Members of the group interact with traders, strategists, financial control functions, Technology, Firm Risk Management and senior Business Unit management. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and excel, has relevant experience within the financial services industry as well as excellent communication skills and good analytical skills.
The primary responsibilities include supporting the daily activities and initiatives of the group, such as:
- Ensuring compliance with policies – monitoring model use and trading activities, and investigating violations and exceptions to policies and assist with their resolution
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on model risks management and other initiatives
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to support continuous improvement of the control processes
- Acquire a high-level understanding of risk and valuation models across the firm
- Helping identify opportunities for improvements and participating in projects to enhance controls
- The ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree
- Previous relevant industry experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, confidence to present to senior management, able to balance various initiatives and deadlines simultaneously
- Initiative and ability to facilitate communication among departments
- Sound analytical skills
- Sensitivity to detail and accuracy in everyday work
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.