CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
This is a new role. The role holder will lead the development of review and challenge approach of enterprise stress tests and to drive continuous enhancement of enterprise stress testing capabilities, managing one or two direct reports.
Enterprise stress testing comprises the stress tests required by the Group's management and Board to inform Risk Appetite and the stress tests required by the Prudential Regulation Authority (ICAAP stress test, Bank of England's annual concurrent stress test, Recovery Plan stress test and Reverse stress test).
The role would require technical knowledge of stress testing methodologies and data and bank balance sheets and excellent stakeholder management.
The role reports to the Head of Enterprise Stress Testing Review and Challenge and sits within the Enterprise Stress Testing Team in Portfolio Risk Management, which drives all enterprise stress testing initiatives in collaboration with teams across the Risk Function and in Group Finance, Group Treasury and the business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead the design and implementation of a new approach to review and challenge of enterprise stress tests, covering one of the four areas:
o non-traded risk (credit risk, operational risk); o traded risk (market risk and counterparty credit risk); o business results (net interest income, non-funded income, operating costs); and o capital and liquidity
* Undertake the review and challenge of enterprise stress results - with a focus on one of the major areas described above - to ensure consistency and reasonableness, covering data and documentation.
* Undertake a regular review of enterprise stress testing - with a focus on one of the major areas described above - and propose enhancements to the team lead.
* Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the enterprise stress testing process - with a focus on one of the major areas described above - within Group Risk or across Group Finance, Group Treasury or the business.
Qualifications and Skills
* Detailed knowledge of and direct experience in stress testing. Experience of the Bank of England's annual concurrent stress test or the MAS industry-wide stress test is preferred.
* Detailed knowledge of bank balance sheets.
* Strong analytical, creativity and problem-solving abilities.
* Excellent inter-personal skills; comfortable in building relationships at senior levels and across teams, with outstanding written and oral communication skills.
* Confident self-motivated person with a high level of drive and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.