CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Within Morgan Stanley, Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions, especially loans and derivatives, from all BUs within the Firm and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
The Credit Risk Department in Japan is currently seeking two high-performing credit risk professionals at the Associate level. Reporting to an Executive Director, this role will have these key responsibilities:
- Assess exposure/risk profile of derivative transactions, and recommend risk mitigating factors such as covenants, collateral, and other terms & conditions for derivative transactions.
- Based on the assessment, approve/reject derivative transactions.
- Monitor exposure against limits, and take appropriate actions as needed
- Monitor covenants and other triggers under the transaction agreement
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of Japanese financial institutions and prepare credit reviews to recommend internal credit ratings and credit risk exposure limits
- Monitor daily credit events and quarterly financial results of existing clients*LI-SC2
- Relevant experience in credit risk management or counterparty portfolio management
- Knowledge of products, such as swaps, options, repo, stock lending, etc.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to read and analyze financial statements in Japanese (e.g. Yuka Shoken Hokokusho)
- Japanese language proficiency
- Business level English writing and listening skills; verbal fluency preferred but not required
- At least intermediate skills in computer spreadsheet calculations
- Team player; team orientated
- Experience in credit risk management covering derivative transactions with financial institutions
- Strong academic record and evidence of commitment to continuing professional growth
- Experience in a Japanese major bank or a foreign financial institution in Japan