CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
Within Societe Generale Global Banking and Investment Solutions (GBIS) division, Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) provides institutional clients, brokers and retail clients with a comprehensive range of securities services across all asset classes.
Within the Commercial Team, the Global Sales Facilitation function works closely to the Sales and Relationship Managers team to provide support on their commercial efforts.
SGSS in the UK is a growing division - a very dynamic place - where the candidate will be exposed to a numbers of different topics, which ultimately will allow her/him to develop multiple sales related skills, including a bigger knowledge of the Investment Banking and Securities Services industry and the different markets SGSS operates in.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting to the Head of Global Sales Facilitation UK & Emerging Markets, the candidate will support sales forces in their commercial activities for clients based in the UK and international clients for activities in the Emerging Markets.
She/He will act as a relay for SGSS Commercial departments in deploying transversal initiatives aimed at strengthening SGSS sales efficiency.
Via frequent and relevant analysis, she/he will finally shed light on commercial performance and support it.
Summary of responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Autonomously steering answers to Request For Proposals: in tandem with the sales person responsible for the answer and following instructions provided to her/him by Subject Matter Experts, the candidate will drive the process from opportunity identification to answer formalization, each RFP being to that extent a mini project: o For each RFP, task encompass (i) internal players' coordination, (ii) retro planning definition, (iii) direct answer to standard questions, (iv) final answer production, and (v) oral presentations and due diligences preparation; o the candidate is also expected to contribute to continuous process improvement, re. market watch, standard content richness, format (e.g. use of digital tools), as well as to transversal RFP activity monitoring.
- Jointly with and upon guidance from the sales team, help strengthen, coordinate and monitor SGSS coverage toward Key Clients and Prospects: o Drive the local Account Planning exercise (annual reviews of coverage action plans for SGSS Top 100 Clients and Prospects); o Organise Client Days for our key clients; o Follow-up upon the commercial activity deriving from marketing campaigns and consolidate client feedbacks. Ensure data quality in the Customer Relationship Management tool to maximize invitees' list accuracy hence campaigns' effectiveness.
- Monitor the commercial activity thus contributing to its better steering: o Produce and analyse key indicators (client meetings, NBI, pipeline, etc.), to be afterward circulated to the commercial teams, the Coverage Department management, and SGSS executive management; o Guarantee, via regular surveillance and action, data input quality by the sales teams in the Customer Relationship Management; o Take an active part in the annual Sales Plan exercise and its mid-year follow-up.
- Accompany business development: o Jointly with the sales teams, prepare commercial presentations for strategic client meetings (promote within that context usage of innovative methods); o Aggregate prospect universe and systematize prospect identification within these universes; o Follow-up consultants' mapping by the sales teams; o Track synergies arising from SGSS cooperation with other business lines, and play an active role in animating these collaboration programmes on a daily basis; o Supervise sales' training deployment to ensure appropriate skills' development within the sales force.
- Take an active part in client on-boarding and/or new services delivery, supporting sales teams and the Legal Department throughout the formalisation of the contract with clients / prospects.
- Assist Sales coverage, performing data analysis or administrative tasks.
- Drive and/or support ad hoc projects for clients and internal partners.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- The candidate needs to be able to work independently and make her/his own decisions where required and appropriate.
Throughout all activities she/he should be aware of involved risks and comply with respective rules.
Being able to work independently, but also to ask questions and to express opinions in a clear and logical way is a relevant skill for this job.
Excellent English written and oral skills required
Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Superior partnership skills, and ability to work with teams across functions and regions
Strong quantitative skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Attention to detail, effective time management and multi-tasking ability required
Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure are imperative
Ability to make decisions
Problem solving skills
Skills in sales methods and marketing
Candidate will possess a high energy level with an eagerness to learn and assume responsibility
Good understanding of Investment Banking and Securities Services activities (not a prerequisite though appreciated).
Working experience required, ideally in sales, customer relationship, business development, and/or project management.
Master degree or equivalent in Business Management.
Excellent English written and oral skills required
French is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.