CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
The Enterprise Data Management Operations group is responsible for effective and consistent Data Management of the bank's data which is deemed critical: Used in external reporting, used to continuously provide information to the bank's board, and data whose deficiency can cause financial loss/severe Impact to the customer.
The new hire will work as a member of the centralized Enterprise Data Management Operations group for Mizuho U.S. Operations (MUSO), to perform activities required to provide effective control of the data which is deemed critical to the bank.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within the following Data Management Operations work stream:
Data Quality Issue Remediation – Once data quality issues are discovered –
Work with downstream business end-users in order to provide Tactical data quality remediation;
Work with upstream source systems' Operations and IT in order to provide Strategic data quality remediation work effort analysis, monitor progress and report status to senior management.
- Work in cooperation and be aware of the efforts in the other Data Management Operations work streams:
Data Quality Profiling;
Data Quality Monitoring;
- Strong Experience in the following areas:
Data definition, Meta data management, Data dictionary, Data steward
Issue Management, Change Management
- Ability to identify inherit operational risk and assess how the Data management state is impacting other functional areas (e.g. Accounting and Regulatory Reporting).
- Reporting metrics to show progress from the remediation activities.
- Estimating timelines & budget related to the remediation activities.
- DM Tool Implementation.
- Data Governance (Policies & Procedures) and how it translates to Data Management Operations, specifically Data Quality Issue Remediation.
- Stay involved and up to date with the Industry's best practices in the space of Data Governance and Data Management.
Experience and track record of delivery of major risk and finance initiatives at large and complex financial institutions.
Understanding of risk and finance processes as well as the technologies and data which enable these.
Experience establishing workflows to escalate issues to the appropriate parties.
Knowledge and experience of regulatory change management is preferred.
Strong communication skills: Both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff.
Tolerance and understanding in multi cultures.
Eligible to work in the US
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, economics mathematics, physics or computer science